New York, USA, 17.-27.6.2012, Day 9.

I guess we were all pretty exhausted after running around for so many days, so the day after Pride, we decided to take it easy and go our separate ways for a little while. We agreed to get together later on, but until then, we were all free to entertain ourselves as we pleased.

It was so much fun to walk around in New York all alone! I love being alone in general, and as I live alone (well, with my cat, but you know), I'm used to spending a lot of time on my own and I need that alone-time as well. So, first of all, I headed to my favourite Japanese bookstore to get me some cute stationery. I ended up finding a bunch of it, plus a small white Totoro for my car. Yay!

The weather was kind of gloomy and I wasn't sure if I should just walk on or go somewhere inside to wait it out. I ended up spending a little while in Bryant Park, reading, before it got a bit cold and it was time to move on.



I decided to go and see Grand Central Terminal again - at least that way I'd get to warm up somewhere indoors for a while.

The Chrysler Building.

Grand Central from the outside.

Grand Central from the inside.
Then I headed to Rockefeller Center and spent quite a while reading on a bench in front of it. I also went into the NBC store again as it started raining at one point. There, I noticed a Dick in a Box T-shirt that I hadn't noticed before, and had a good laugh at it (it's from a Saturday Night Live sketch) - I even texted my friend Sanna about it as she's the one who introduced me to the Lonely Island sketch songs :D.




I was getting a bit hungry so I headed towards Central Park, which is where I'd decided to have my lunch. I stopped by at a corner shop to get sushi and then walked on to the park to eat, and also to read some more. It was SO nice, I enjoyed every moment! So relaxing, and so amazing to be in New York all by myself!

On my way to Central Park, I stopped by at St Thomas Church on Fifth Avenue, mainly because my legs were tired from all the walking and I wanted to sit down for a while. But what do you know, in New York, you're not left alone even when you're in a church - a Japanese couple asked me to take their picture the minute I'd sat down...
On my way to Central Park...New York is LOVE!



This one was looking for food next to me while I was eating my sushi :D.
Eventually Satu texted me and we met up in Columbus Circle. It started raining almost straight away so we went to a nearby pub for a while. There, I played Bad Girl by Madonna on the jukebox - the one song I most connect with New York and they had it for me to play. Loved it!

When it stopped raining, we walked back to our hotel through Times Square, stopping to get ourselves huge muffins along the way.



Ricky Martin in Evita...this is the one thing I wanted to do but didn't.



Very ominous-looking weather.

Back at the hotel with my muffin (Monkey Business from Crumbs) and my book. Happy!
Later on, all three of us still went back to Times Square to see it in its night-time glory.







Hey look, we're on the big screen :D! With the Dunk Guy...
I found myself a couple of nice police officers, too :D.
One more day to go...

Comments

Popular Posts